What are the benefits of Collagen Casing?
This edible manufactured casing has different options depending on if you’re making a fresh or a smoked sausage.
Fresh Collagen Casing
Fresh Collagen Casing (cannot be smoked) sold in 22 or 30mm sizes for breakfast, maple, Italian, bratwurst. This type of collagen casing is best for fresh or frozen sausage.
Smoked Collagen Casing
Smoked Collagen Casing (for smoked/processed sausage) sold in 19, 21, 23 or 32mm sizes. Mainly for pepperoni sticks or Smokies. Smoked collagen casing has good smoking performance, nice appearance and bite.
The benefits of using a collage casing for your sausage include:
- Manufactured to the exact caliber and shape consistency for controlled output
- Glossy fresh appearance for the best appeal
- Traceable sourcing for food safety and brand security
- Easy to use, no preparation work required
- Should be cooked in the oven or bbq
- Reliable and consistent
How to use collagen casing
Tips for the safe handling and storage of your collagen sausage casing…
- Overstuffing can cause breakage
- Understuffing can cause wrinkles or pockets that lead to grease out
- Load casing in the correct stuffing direction
- Use largest stuffing tube for the size of casing
- Store in a cool, dry area
Where to buy collagen casing?
High Caliber Products carries a complete line of collage sausage casing, you can check it out here and order online. As always, we are here to help! Please call one of our locations and a friendly, knowledgeable staff member will be happy to assist you with your sausage-making needs.