- 1.5 lb. ground venison
- .5 lb regular ground pork
- .12oz F.S. Cure
- 3⁄4 cup whiskey or scotch
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. ExlPure Granulated Maple Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. High Caliber Butcher Grind black pepper
- ** Insert your favourite smoke flavour here **
1. Measure all ingredients into a bowl, leaving the ground meat refrigerated until the rest of the ingredients are ready.
2. Mix all ingredients very thoroughly, until the mixture is very sticky.
3. Marinate in the refrigerator for 8 – 48 hours.
5. Lightly oil the racks you’ll be using to dry the meat—the wire racks of your smoker or oven—and place them over some foil to collect the drippings. Transfer the meat mixture to the racks, leaving space between them for the smoke to flow evenly.
6. Set up your smoker according to the manufacturer’s instructions and preheat to 160°F. Add your favourite wood for smoking and once it’s producing smoke put the meat-filled racks in. Smoking time will vary, based upon the thickness of the meat, but 3½ to 4 hours is common. Remove the jerky when it’s dry but flexible, and keep refrigerated for up to 4 weeks.