The best way our staff can be of assistance to you is by actually knowing about the products we sell. That’s why we encourage testing and experimenting in the High Caliber kitchen!
Stephanie and the crew at the Calgary location made a sous vide brisket and chicken breasts for lunch. They wanted to treat everyone at the office to a homemade, health option using equipment from the store.
Here’s what they did….
- The brisket was seasoned and vacuum sealed in a sous vide cooking bag. We cooked it at 140F for 6 hours.
- PRO TIP! They saved the juice from the cooking bag to make into a gravy.
- The next day, they smoked the brisket for 2 hours at 250F.
- The chicken breasts were a similar process but only cooked for 2 hours in the sous vide, then simply warmed up it a frying pan the next day.
- They served the sous vide brisket and chicken breast with coleslaw and a Steak and Veggie Pie from Me British Pies.
What is Sous Vide?
Sous vide, also known as low-temperature long time cooking, is a method of cooking in which food is placed in a plastic pouch or a glass jar and cooked in a water bath for longer than usual cooking times at a precisely regulated temperature. Wikipedia
High Caliber carries the Sous-Vide Thermal Circulator, learn more.