- 6 large bell peppers (red & green)
- 1 pound of High Caliber Mild Italian Sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans tomato soup
- 2 2/3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ½ tablespoon High Caliber Granulated Garlic
- 1 pound Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 cups uncooked instant rice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut tops off the peppers, remove the seeds and membranes (for extra festive dining, cut small star or candy cane shapes into the peppers).
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add the peppers and cook on medium approximately 15min or until tender-crisp.
- Place sausage and onions in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Reduce heat to medium and stir in tomato soup, water, chili powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper; bring to a low boil. Reduce heat to low, stir in 3/4 of cheese and simmer for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C)
- Prepare instant rice according to package directions. Fluff with a fork and add to tomato mixture. Stir and simmer for 30min.
- Spoon the tomato soup, sausage and rice mixture into the peppers, and bake on a cookie sheet for 30 min.