- 4 ounces pre-sliced mushrooms (rinsed) 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 frozen deep-dish pie crust
- 4 eggs (or 1 cup egg substitute)
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon High Caliber granulated onion
- pinch High Caliber ground nutmeg
- 4 ounces cooked, diced High Caliber ham
- 1/2 teaspoon Alberta Steak Spice
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes.
- Pat mushrooms dry, if needed. Place butter in pan; swirl to coat. Add mushrooms; cook 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until browned.
- Meanwhile, place pie crust (in foil pan) on baking sheet; prick bottom of shell with fork. Bake 10 minutes or until golden.
- Whisk together in medium bowl, eggs, whipping cream, onions, and nutmeg, until blended.
- Add ham and steak seasoning to mushrooms; cook 1 minute, stirring often, to blend flavors. Spoon mixture evenly in pie crust. Pour in egg mixture; sprinkle with 3/4 cup of the cheese. Bake 30 minutes or until set.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese; bake 10 more minutes or until cheese melts. Let stand 10 minutes; serve.