Fresh Breakfast Sausage with Christmas Apples
- 4kg Lean Meat of your choice (try a mix of pork, game meat or beef)
- 1 Kg Fat pork Trim
- 350 grams High Caliber Breakfast Sausage Seasoning Binder (Product # Y6536)
- 500 grams cold water
- 500 grams Apple Sauce
- 100 grams chopped apples (peeled and soft dehydrated works best)
- 23mm Collagen Casings
2. Separate the lean meat from the fat
3. Grind the lean meat through ¼” plate twice using a High Caliber Electric Grinder
4. Grind the fat through 1/8” plate once
5. Weigh all ingredients using High Caliber Digital Portion Scale
6. Using a High Caliber Manual Meat Mixer, place the lean meat in the mixer. Mix for a few rounds.
– When the lean meats start to bind together, slowly mix in the fat.
– Once mixed, add ½ the amount of spice and all of the water.
– Allow to mix into the batter
– add in the remaining spice and apple sauce
– continue mixing until all ingredients are held suspended in the sausage batter.
(The batter will be very sticky, hold together and have a dull sheen appearance)
– add the chopped apples right at the end and mix well
7. Using a High Caliber Sausage Stuffer, place the mixture into the cylinder removing as much air as possible. Stuff the sausage mixture into the collagen casings.
8. Link the sausage into desired lengths
9. Refrigerate or freeze until ready to cook
10. To cook:
– Preheat oven to 375⁰F (190⁰C)
-Place the individual sausage links on an oven sheet and put in the oven
– Bake to an internal temperature of 160⁰F (71⁰C) turning once during the cooking process
A cheerful and festive morning treat!