It is becoming increasingly tough to find good healthy, quality foods that your family can enjoy economically.
The burger has been a staple for many good reasons. It can always be transformed into new meal ideas easily. Popular because it is affordable, portable and customizable and they can be served gourmet-style or as rustic
yet classic as you please.
With being healthier on our minds, we can do a lot to enhance the basic burger:
– custom grind beef or meat blends: use different cuts of beef or even better grind your own. It will be fresher and you will know exactly what is in your favorite meal. Try using sirloin, tri-tip and chuck cuts of meat. See if you can decipher if there is a taste difference between grass-fed or regular beef.
– add unique condiments for extra tasty, even healthy goodness: in addition to the lettuce and tomato, be creative and add pesto, cucumbers, carrots, avocado, fancy sauces like chipotle aioli, carmelized onions, or mushrooms for example. Of course, bacon is a must! Different types of buns are a great way to change it up too. Try a pretzel bun.
– try different types of meat: try game, turkey, chicken, salmon or tuna, bison, pork or lamb for example or a combination.
– get adventurous and try a new theme: an easy way to introduce new flavors like Mexican, Mediterranean or Asian
– use any sausage blend for a patty! Try a zippy Chipotle or Chorizo flavor, or a mellow Bratwurst or Italian to change up your routine.
– going just the protein route is great to keep it simple and light for the summer. A burger on a bed of lettuce or salad is a flavorful combo of both hot and cold to keep it interesting.
Just imagine the possibilities! Here in Canada, we are lucky to have industry leaders providing the best quality meats globally. Locally, CTR supports our local suppliers and provides a broad range of High Caliber Products to keep us all up to date with our favorite passion: food.
Whether you make one or two burgers or one hundred, we have the supplies for you. Single patty formers for those gourmet-type burger connoisseurs or multiple patty presses for family-type or commercial production. Accessories like patty paper and spice blends will make preparing those patties quick and easy.
Spring is the time of year to experiment and try some new flavors. Let us know how you make out!