BACON DRY RUB & CURE (500g/PKG)
Everyone can make bacon! Use this simple cure to rub onto pork bellies and let it sit in the cooler.
Yes, that is it. We can tell you for how long and then smoke for color and flavor.
No reason not to have a stash made for every weekend. Honestly, it is that easy.
- Portion out your amount of High Caliber Bacon Dry Rub & Cure according to the pork belly weight.
- Rub it on the meat thoroughly and cure in cooler or refrigerator for 1 to 1.5 days per pound. (You can add spices for flavor like Cracked Pepper, Chilies or Maple Syrup!)
- Rinse excess cure from meat with lukewarm water. Preheat smoker to 135 F.
- Hold in the smokehouse until bacon is dry with dampers wide open. Dampers are then closed to ¼ open, applying smoke.
- Smoke with your desired smoke flavour (hickory recommended) until internal temperature of bacon reaches 127-128.
- Reduce temperature and continue to smoke until desired colour is achieved.
- Place in cooler overnight before slicing.
- Cook and enjoy or package and freeze.