- 2 LBS GROUND MEAT
- 1 LB SAUSAGE MEAT OR PORK
- 1½ C ROLLED OATS
- ½ C MILK
- 2 EGGS, BEATEN
- 2 TBSP HIGH CALIBER MUSTARD POWDER
- ½ TSP HIGH CALIBER GROUND THYME
- ½ TSP SEASONED SALT
- ½ TSP HIGH CALIBER WHITE PEPPER
- ¼ C MINCED ONION
- SLICED CHEESE
- Combine all ingredients except cheese slices, mixing thoroughly.
- Form into patties and place on smoking racks.
- Preheat the smoker to 225°f and when the wood begins to smoke put the trays of burgers in.
- Cook for 1 to 1.5 hours or until internal temp reaches 155°f.
- Add sliced cheese to the tops of the burgers and continue cooking about 15min or until internal temp reaches 165°f.
- Serve immediately with your favourite toppings and bbq sauce. (and a beer!)