• ½ tsp High Caliber Basil
• ¼ tsp High Caliber Smoked Paprika
• ½ tsp High Caliber Butcher Grind Pepper
• salt to taste
• 2 cloves pressed garlic
• 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
• 2 medium parsnips, peeled and diced
• 2 stalks of celery, diced
• 6 baby yellow potatoes, cubed (skin on)
• ½ pound (8 ounces) diced butternut squash
• 6 cups chicken stock
• 1 cup chopped kale
• 1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Pour 2 Tbsp of oil into stock pot and pre-heat on medium-high; add the sausage and brown for a few minutes until caramelized.
- Add in the onion, and stir to combine; sauté with the garlic sausage for about 3-4 minutes, until lightly golden; add in the basil, oregano, paprika, black pepper, garlic, salt to taste, and stir until well mixed.
- Next, add in the remaining vegetables (except the kale and parsley) and stir in the chicken stock, then bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, and allow the stew to simmer, uncovered, for 40 minutes.